Friday, August 29, 2014

August 29, 2014

I’m starting to believe that this is actually happening and that I’ll have students showing up in physics classrooms next week who have faith in my ability to teach them.  That being said, I’m nervous, and I don’t know if the nerves will ever completely go away.  It helps that I’ve taught this subject before, but it just feels like an incredible amount of trust to give someone to stay that you can spend a few hours EVERY week with my child and a group of children and we trust you to teach them life skills and science and the ability to think and problem solve. 

I am so incredibly thankful for the resources and support network who have helped me to become who I am today.  It’s been seven months since I met Sacha and he feels like an integral part of my life these days, I genuinely can’t imagine not having him in my life.  We really do complement each other and bring the best out of each other.  (I realize this might get repetitive or mushy, but all the feelings are so genuine.)  Waking up next to him in the mornings makes me so much happier ALL day long because I get to wake up and hug him, or wake up and snuggle and feel his arms around me.  I know that no matter what, we have each others’ actual best interests at heart, which means that we are healthier than we were seven months ago, even while getting to explore various NYC restaurants and other venues.  I adore him so much!


In other news, I’m also really excited to see Serena in Chicago this weekend, because it’s been a while since I’ve gotten to see her and also a long time since I’ve been in the city (if ever).  More about that to come.  So much support here that it’s incredible, and I am so genuinely thankful to have switched jobs and have Sacha and have a great family around me!

No comments:

Post a Comment